Thursday, October 18, 2012

Geometric Patterns

After moving to Atlanta, I was approached to help out with a local Islamic Sunday School. Since I am not much of a teacher, I thought I could help with administrative work. I helped with organizing an Islamic Art Competition for the students has three categories which includes Islamic Patterns (geometric or floral), Calligraphy and Architecture. We thought it would be fun to auction the art work as a fundraiser for the school and it would be a great way to show case the children's art. I decided to make some geometric patterns of my own to submit for the auction.

I found my inspiration from the following:
via: here

Detail from the Alhambra in Granada, Spain. It features the classic 8 point star found in many patterns.
This is a beautiful screen which can be bought here

My pattern is not complete yet, but I am very excited about it! Hopefully, I will have it done in time for Sunday school. Once completed, I will share on the Facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment